Once you have made an appointment for your pet to have a surgical or dental procedure, please follow these instructions. Thank you.
- For elective surgeries, such as spays and neuters, please give your pet a bath two to three days before the scheduled procedure. Keep in mind that your pet may not be able to have a bath until sutures are removed which is usually two weeks after the surgery.
- Please have your pet up to date on flea control. If your pet is found to have fleas, a Capstar will be administered at the owner's expense.
- Please do not feed you pet any food or treats after midnight the night before the scheduled surgery. Small amounts of water are fine, but nothing to eat.
- Drop off is between 8:00 and 9:00 am the day of the surgery, unless other arrangements are made. Please be prepared for a check in procedure that takes at least 15 minutes. If you need to speak to the veterinarian before the surgery, this process may take longer.
- If your pet is on medications, please bring them with you in case your pet has to stay longer than expected.